Saturday 4 July 2015

Introduction

Hello, my name is Kiran and I read a lot. Hence, this blog will hopefully act as a book journal for myself. When I say I read a lot, I mean it. Unfortunately, being a self-diagnosed insomniac I read until I fall asleep every night and I'm not exaggerating when I say that sometimes results in me reading entire books before bed.

I have loved reading since I was a little girl, Roald Dahl, Jacqueline Wilson, Cornelia Funke, Phillip Pullman, and Elizabeth Goudge were all favourites of mine. I would read every day before school and that would most often be my favourite part of the day. I used to wake up early just so I would have several hours to myself, on the weekends, where I could read in perfect silence. It was bliss.

I hope one day to be a writer, and a millionaire, but I seem to have lost the pleasure I usually  gain from writing and a lot of confidence in my abilities generally. This blog may persuade me to write a little more, and act as a reminder of all the things in my life that I love doing. At first, this blog will be dedicated mostly to book reviews, I read a wide variety of genres, from paranormal romance, self-help books, dystopian literature, autobiographies, beauty books and even plain old chick-lit. I also have a propensity to be drawn to quite dark fiction that is quite honestly completely fucked up. All I can say is that I seriously enjoy reading about hot, potentially psychopathic guys and I am not ashamed.

To give you a better idea, right now I am currently reading:

- Yes Please by Amy Poehler
- This Book Will Make You Happy by Jessamy Hibberd and Jo Usmar
- Grey by E.L. James

My aim is to post regularly but I run two other blogs as my other passions are psychology and helping people with the trials and tribulations of daily life [www.letstalkpsychology.blogspot.com] and makeup, beauty and travel [ww.alittlekiran.co.uk]. I have a BSc in Psychology from University of Warwick. I graduate in thirteen days and am currently desperately trying to sort my life out, starting with the colossal mess that is my room. Thank you for reading, I hope you keep reading and take care.

Best wishes,
Kiran.

No comments:

Post a Comment